The Institute for European Studies is happy to announce two grant competitions for spring 2018. Eligible applicants are allowed to apply for both, but with the understanding that only one award may be accepted per person.
The Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence Grant offers a $2500 award to an IU faculty member to support research and / or travel related to any aspect of European politics, society, or culture, whether current or historical in scope.
In addition, The Institute for European Studies Grant offers 5 awards of $500 each to IU faculty to support research and / or travel related to any aspect of European politics, society, or culture, whether current or historical in scope.
Formal papers are strongly prioritized over participation in roundtable discussions or lecture notes. Faculty who receive funding will be expected to present their research at a EURO–sponsored event following the trip or research project. Faculty members can use the topic from their conference paper or talk about their current and future research. EURO will make room reservations and publicize the talk.
Applicants must submit:
- A completed EURO Faculty Request Travel Application
- Documentation of paper acceptance for conference (please indicate if peer reviewed), or abstract of proposed research project.
- A current curriculum vitae
- A budget that includes other sources of funds that may be combined with the EURO award
- The paper presented indicating source of funding on the title page under "Acknowledgments" with your request for reimbursement
- A mention of which grants the applicant would like to be considered for.
The application deadline for both competitions is April 23, 2018 (Monday) at 5 pm.
We anticipate notifying applicants of decisions by May 7. Recipients of all grants are expected to send a report detailing how the grant was used and on invitation, to present their results at a lecture hosted by the Institute for European Studies.