Once you have decided to attend a graduate program, the next step is to consider how you plan to pay for it. We have several funding opportunities for graduate students to help keep your costs as low as possible.
Graduate Student Funding
FLAS: Get money to study a language
Are you interested in studying less commonly taught languages and cultures? FLAS fellowships include generous stipend and tuition awards for graduate and undergraduate students.
Other Funding Sources
Beyond EURO-sponsored funding, there are many fellowships, scholarships, grants, and other forms of financial support within the scope of study for EURO students. Whether here at IU or at the national level, we encourage our students to take advantage of every available opportunity.
Funding sources at IU
National/International fellowships + grants
Additionally, there are a number of fellowships and awards for students interested in international study at the graduate level but which students apply to during their undergraduate careers:
- Boren Awards
- Department of Homeland Security Scholarship
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship
- Fulbright Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (applicants must apply through the IU Office of International Programs)
- Harry Truman Scholarship
- IIE Fulbright Program for Study and Research Abroad (applicants must apply through IU Office of International Programs)
- Jacob K. Javits Fellowships Program
- Rhodes Scholars Program
- The Woodrow Wilson International Center Fellowships and Grants