For students matriculating Summer 2018 or later
The minor requires 15 credit hours of coursework. Up to 6 of those credits may be earned at the 200-level, but students must complete a minimum of 9 credit hours of upper-level (300 or 400-level) courses and maintain a GPA of at least 2.000 in fulfillment of all courses taken toward minor requirements. Courses fulfilling the minor requirements may or may not be offered under the EURO course prefix.
Up to 6 credits of intermediate through advanced (200-400-level) courses focusing on development of proficiency in an official European Union language other than English (including French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Modern Greek, Czech, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Estonian, Finnish) may count for the minor. At least 9 credits toward the minor must be completed on the Bloomington campus. Students must also meet all other College requirements for minors.
For a list of current courses counting toward the minor, and to inquire about possible course substitutions or exceptions, consult the Institute for European Studies advisor.
For students matriculating form Summer 2014 to Spring 2018
Students must complete 18 credit hours, including:
1. Foundation Courses (6 credits): Two of four courses below:
- EURO W301/POLS Y335 Modern European Politics & Society
- EURO W405/POLS Y350 Politics of the European Union
- EURO W405/GEOG G428 Geography of Europe
- EURO W405/HIST B303 Issues in Modern European History
2. Regional Focus (6 credits): Two courses with a regional focus on the same sub-region of Europe, such as EURO W405 and W406. One must be an approved S&H course and the other an approved A&H course
3. Electives (6 credits): Two elective courses in European Studies